September 13, 2009

The Choice Is Mine

I get so sick and tired of hearing people wine about the government or big business. "The little man just can't get ahead' - blah blah blah. Life is all about choices. Your life and your situation is all about the choices you have made. I can't bitch about my job - I chose to take the job. I can't bitch about my salary - I choose to stay at the job with the current pay. I can't complain about being overweight - I choose not to diet and exercise regularly. I can't bitch about Alex not cleaning his room - I choose to let him live here. I can't bitch about Nikki draining my bank account every time I turn around - I choose to let her!

The fact is, people, you choose the things in your life whether you like or not -whether you admit it or not. The government can't 'bail you out' - Obama certainly can't improve your life. No one can. Only you can change your circumstance! If you don't have health insurance, find a job that offers it. If health insurance is not enough of a priority for you to pay for it - you've chosen that. If you only make minimum wage - do something to increase your worth. No one makes you unskilled - you choose to be! No one makes you work at McDonald's - you choose to. If you can't go out of your house at night without being shot at - move! No one makes you live in the ghetto - you choose to!

I challenge us all to look at the things in our lives. What's not satisfying to you? What's stealing your joy? Once you identify the problems you can make positive decisions / choices to change!

America is still the greatest Nation on Earth. All things are possible here - this is the land of opportunity. Stop waiting for opportunity to find you - CHOOSE to find opportunity!




I'm Just Saying . . .

3 comments:

  1. no one knows whats going to happen to them. one minute your fine and have everything you need in this life==then u come to a bump in the road and your life is turned upside down and know one understands how your life is messed up now. last year i had a great job, insurance and i could stand on my own, I didn't choose to have a cycst on my spine and i did not choose to be disabled! sometimes choices are made for us and we have to make the best out of what we have been given.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh my dear sis - I do understand that you've been dealt a crap hand. But you can CHOOSE to see the opportunity in your situation instead of the defeat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. trust me i look for opportunity everyday and i never said i was defeated i said we have have to make the best out of what we have been dealt with and unfortunately it's not an overnight fix. its like the old saying when you get a bunch of lemons you just make lemon aid. I've been fighting battles all my life and will continue to fight and win.

    ReplyDelete